Questions to Ask
- What is an Arduino?
- Explain what senors are and how they work?
- Can you describe a few senors we have around the house?
- Lets look through the arduino bin, can you point out some things you think might be sensors?
- What is an actuator?
- can you think of some actuators we have around the house?
- Lets look through the arduino bin, can you point out some things you think might be actuators?
- If you could build anything using an ardunio, what would you build?
- Spend the next 20 mins looking at existing arduino projects. Write down 10 ideas you would like to build. Don’t worry about complexity or how are they may be. The goal is to write down things that interest you.
Lab - Setup
Install the IDE
- Download the software for your operating system and install the IDE.
- Install the IDE from here
- Plugin the arduino to the computer
- Start the IDE
- Open File > Examples > 01.Basic > Blink
- Upload the sketch and run it
- Verify the LED on the device is blinking